Tourte au poulet et champignons
Today we share a recipe from the vineyards, a Tourte au Poulet et Champignons. This chicken and mushroom tart is a traditional hearty meal often eaten after a long, cold days work outside in Champagne. Enjoy and we would love to hear if you make it!
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 350g button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 150ml cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons oil
- Salt & Pepper
Steps (Serves 6)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Brown chicken in a hot pan or skillet with the oil for 5 minute
- Add to the pan with chicken and sauté them in the pan with the chicken.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper and mix.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and garnish a pie dish. Prick with a fork.
- Spread the chicken and mushroom mixture over the pastry and cover with the second roll of puff pastry. Seal the edges well, then make a small incision on the top.
- Brush the dough with egg yolk mixed in a little water then bake for about 40 minutes. Serve hot.